18th December, 2013.
The Rt Hon Speaker
Kaduna State House of Assembly,
IMPERATIVE OF CULTURAL BALANCE IN THE NIGERIAN ARMED FORCES
That in view of the fact that every state in the federation deserves representation in terms of placement when it comes to recruitment into the Nigerian Armed Forces and other para Military organisations coupled with the fact that there is a need for cultural balance to reflect the federal character principle as enshrined in our laws; I wish to move that this Hon House do RESOLVE and:
- Commend and support the action of the National Assembly that is currently investigating the perceived irregularities in such recruitment exercises.
- Call on the Executive Governor of Kaduna State as the Chief executive of the state to officially express the concern of the people of Kaduna State to the appropriate authorities on the manner the said recruitment exercises affects the state negatively.
This is necessary for strict compliance to the Federal character principle to eliminate the tendency towards sectional or cultural particularism in public institutions.
I wish to Move
- Hon Umar Yunusa Muhammed Lere East
- Hon Philemon Usman Gidan Mana Makera
- Hon Bala Yunusa Mohammed Tudun Wada
- Hon Halliru Sambo Ikara
Hon Yakubu Yusuf Zaria Kewaye
HonYusuf Ibrahim Zailani Igabi West
- Hon Shehu Nuhu Babajo Zaria City
- Hon Kantiok Irmiya Ishaku Zangon Kataf